Monday, June 2, 2008

2005 Scion xB

I've sat down in full size trucks (1500), economy and midsize cars (Elantra, Sonata, Malibu), compact cars (Jetta, Sentra, Prius), luxury SUV's (Santa Fe), truck SUV's (XTerra), large cars (Crown Victoria, Maxima) and a whole slew of other things. I learned to drive in a Suburban (which required I slouch on the bench seats) and a Cadillac Seville (a tight fit, as well).

So my utter surprise at having head room to spare in my girlfriend's car is what brings us here. The original body model Scion xB may look like a tiny delivery van crossed with a Duplo toaster... but it's by far the most spacious vehicle for headroom I've ever had the luck to encounter. Wow.

I can sit in the back seat, my butt against the back of the seat without slouching, and still have headroom left to spare. It's also getting 35 mph highway. This is the best vehicle *ever*.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you driven it? How is the front seat?

dbs said...

Hi Dean - dbs here, referred here by blk. I'm 6'6", 245lbs, and face a lot of the same situations.

I'm hunting around for a small comfortable high mileage, fun car now - been driving a minivan for the last year or three, and really don't need it for running around.

I really dislike the look of the scions, unfortunately, otherwise I'd give it a look.

I drove a Golf for several years, and enjoyed it a lot - oddly, I fit quite well in it.

Good luck :)

(in the 'standard' lines, don't forget 'how's the weather up there' and 'were your parents tall?' along with the inevitable basketball questions. :)